The CEO Council will continue its robust advocacy through its members and engaged stakeholders with a focus on the following priorities as part of our Regional Mobility agenda:
- Seek improvements to facilities and services at Philadelphia International Airport;
- Communicate CEO Council’s need for a long-term surface transportation reauthorization bill that allows agencies to plan into the future and provides state and local governments with innovative financing options to fund infrastructure projects and provides adequate or increased funding for mass transit to our Congressional Delegation in advance of expiration of MAP-21;
- Advocate for sustained or increased funding for Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor and intercity passenger rail and include a focus on projects that reduce trip times, enhance on time performance, and increase capacity whether in the surface transportation reauthorization legislation or as a stand-alone bill;
- Work to secure adequate funding from the Army Corps of Engineers in the FY15 budget to complete Delaware River Channel Deepening Project; and
- Develop a plan with a regional community of interest and propose an unsolicited Public Private Partnership (P3) project idea for SE Pennsylvania to the Commonwealth’s P3.