Cell & Gene Therapy and Connected Health Initiative
The Cell & Gene Therapy and Connected Health Initiative was launched in January 2019. This work builds, in part, upon a 2017 report from the Brookings Institute that recognized our excellence in these two arenas as well as accomplishments of the Health Care Innovation Collaborative. Here in the Greater Philadelphia Region we have it all: talented people, cutting edge research, the ability to translate research into business opportunities, and atop it all, a great quality of life.
The Vision for this Initiative is to make Greater Philadelphia the geographical center of choice for talent, capital and companies, resulting in:
- Greater economic productivity and inclusive growth in the region
- Acceleration of commercial successes among the region’s leading scientists and entrepreneurs
- Attraction of additional companies, jobs, and investment capital
- Growth of talent and expertise
- Expanded opportunities for professional services firms